Daughters of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daughters of Anarchy

A Sons of anarchy role play group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Messenger AU

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:15 am

Corrine Lowan was visiting her parent's New York home on summer break from NYU. Both of her brothers, Bram and Henri, were in Europe fighting the war.When they could they would write her regular letters. They had always been close. Where ever the Lowan boys went, their sister wasn't far behind. She missed them terribly.

Every knock on the door since the battle in Normandy had made her jump. So many had died, whole families wiped out. Trying not to think about the length of time that had passed since she had heard from her brothers she was sitting on the porch swing reading a Music Theory text book.

When she saw the man, in full dress uniform, walking towards their home all the hair on her neck rose in fear.
Back to top Go down
https://daughtersofanarchy.forumotion.com
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 2:57 am

Harry "Opie" Winston did not want to wear that itchy suit and he certainly didn't want to tell this family that he lost his best friend; their son and brother. He volunteered to give the family the news; Henri had told him so much about his family that he felt like he knew them personally; especially Corrine. He stood at the white picket fence, blowing out a breath before walking up to the door. He knocked with a shaky hand and waited.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 am

Wondering at how preoccupied the man had to be to not see her sitting on the porch, she stood, pushed her wild, red hair back and crossed the wooden planks to him.

"May I help you," her voice shook knowing this couldn't be good.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 am

Opie looked at her in a daze before finally answering, "Um...sorry miss...I uh," He straightened up, knowing it was Corrine from photos. She was beautiful...so beautiful in person. It broke him to break this to her. "Corrine, I am here on behalf of the U.S. Army. It is with sadness that I report that Cpl. Henri Lowen...my best friend...was killed in the line of duty at Normady."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:54 am

Her brother had written her about the man he'd been friends with since basic. This was not at all how she had expected to meet him. As the news sunk in, knowing her parents wouldn't be home for a few hours yet, she fell to her knees. Henri had been closest to her in age and had been her best friend. Though she felt numb, tears streamed down her face.

"Oh my god, Henri," her eyes looked to him for honestly, "How bad was it? I know you were there, I know who you are, she touched his spotless shoes with her small hands, "Please, I need to know."
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 am

Opie, not a man that showed much emotion got down on his knees holding her small hands in his. He was torn from her grief. "Gunshot wound to the chest. He died almost instantly. I'm so sorry Cor."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm

The fact that it was almost instant brought her some peace. She'd heard horror stories of mean lying on that beach crying out for their mother. The use of her nickname oddly didn't bother her from Harry. She felt like she knew him well through her brothers letters, like they were old friends. She leaned her forehead against his hands, needing the support.

"My parents won't be here for a couple of hours yet. Will you stay with me? I don't want to be alone."
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Opie nodded, "Of course. Henri would have wanted me to."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm

When she stood she realized she'd skinned her knees, but couldn't feel any of the pain. She led him into the kitchen and got out the first aid kit. Sitting down she cleaned her knees.

"Do you know if my other brother is ok?" she knew the chances where slim, but she had to ask.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 am

Opie took the kit from her and began caring for her knees. This was tame injuries compared to what he saw on the battlefield, "I honestly don't know, Cor. We are all so scattered around...I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:38 am

Long locks of her red hair got in his way as she threw her head into her hands and cried. Opie's hands were so large and calloused. She noticed the bruising still present on them and thought he must not have been home very long. She was so grateful to him for staying. Taking his large hands in her own, she kissed each bruise.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:02 am

Opie looked at her bewildered, but he didn't stop her. Gently, he pulled her into a tight embrace. He held onto for dear life, not just for her comfort but his own as well. War had wounded his heart and mind. He inhaled her fragrant peach blossom perfume and the light smell of juniper from her freshly shampooed hair.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:07 am

The warmth of his strong arms quieted her. The air around them buzzed and shifted as though it was alive. She looked up at him and his eyes shone green in the light. Slowly, her hands found his face and caressed it lightly. She could feel the scars there. Not thinking about what she was doing, she ever so gently pressed her lips to his.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 am

Opie held her face in his hands ever so gently. Reluctantly, he pulled away, "No. This isn't right, Cor..."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:40 am

Sighing, she nodded.

She stood and put her hand in his leading him out to the living room. She sat beside him on the couch, her hand still firmly in his, until her parents arrived home. As soon as her mother saw Opie, she fell to her knees screaming, "No! No!"
Corrie rose and was at her mother's side almost instantly.

"Mama, stop," she held her close to her.

Her father, Happy, looked down at his wife and knealed to calm her. With them both on the floor Corrie let the tears over take her.

"Papa, it's Henri. He dead, Papa," she watched as her mother screamed hysterically and all the light drained from his eyes.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:02 am

Happy looked at Opie to confirm. All the young man could do was nod. He rested a gentle hand on Corrine's shoulder. "I'm so sorry for your loss. Your son...he was an incredible man. He was my dearest friend and he spoke so highly all of you."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 am

Corrie put her cheek against his hand, something about him drew her to him. She couldn't stay in this house much longer. She stood, leaving her father to care for her mother, and went out onto the porch. Opie wasn't far behind her. She turned to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Where are you staying?"
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 am

Opie sighed, rubbing her back, "The Bennett boarding house. I have leave for a week."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:23 am

Shocked and inexplicably heartbroken, she looked into his green eyes, "No, you don't have to stay there. I have an apartment, not far from here, I' won't be staying in it. You can. You'll be more comfortable."

She didn't give him a chance to say no. Taking him by the hand, she hailed a cab and took him to get his stuff and then on to her apartment. She showed him around, it was nice, her parents had more money than they knew what to do with. Then she handed him the key.

"Henri would want me to do this for you," she smiled.

Her eyes caught his and slowly, they gravitated towards each other until their lips met. Her hands flew into his hair as she passionately kissed him. She wasn't sure if it was Henri's death or Opie's kindness, but she couldn't help herself. Before he could argue, she had pulled him down to her bedroom, slipped out of her dress, and pulled him down into the bed.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:50 am

Opie held her tightly against him, feeling he should stop but not wanting to. He held her hips, pressing her down on his groin, as he kissed back feverishly.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 am

this man was all she needed and she somehow knew that. she was terrified he would go back to the frontlines and she would never see him again. As they made love in her bed all she thought of was him. A life with him, love with him. She stayed the night in his arms. In the week before he left, they attended the service for her brother, but mainly they stayed in her apartment, barely ever wearing clothes. When heleft, she was devastated.

six months later

Her parents knew Opie was the father of her baby. Incredibly, they were understanding and took care of all her needs. She hadn't told Opie in her few letters what happened because she wanted him focused on staying alive. The people at the college shunned her, but she continued her music education classes. Opie was due home soon and she could hardly wait. She had let him take a key to her apartment with him. She satin her apartment playing violin and wishing her was home.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:22 am

Opie ran through the destroyed streets of a small village in Italy, hiding behind crumbling walls as bullets flew through air. The morning fog obstructed his vision, making him an easy target. He silently whispered the Lord's Prayer as he thought of Corrine. He had to get home to her: he was going to marry her and have a family with her. He was going to buy a big farmhouse for them to grow old in together. He had this planned and he sure as hell wasn't going to lose that chance.

Just as he fired out his last round, a sharp searing pain to his side and then to his right shoulder overcame him. Dropping to his knees by his righthand man; a new boy from Omaha named Ortiz, he cried out that he didn't want to die. The world went black as he passed out.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:28 am

Ortiz, the unit medic, rushed to his aid, "I won't let you die, Winston. You won't die on me. You hear me."

Ortiz stopped the bleeding and protected him with his own body. Opie had been promoted to Captain and you protected your Commanding Officer no matter what. when the fighting finally died down, he got him shipped off to a hospital. He knew he'd be sent home, if he survived.

As Corrie swayed with the music she was playing, the baby moved and kicked inside her. she missed Opie. Often she imagined him coming through the door. She had no idea how he would take coming back to her this pregnant, but she still wanted him home.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 am

Opie was in the hospital for two weeks until they finally gave him honorable discharge. He had to walk with a cane, but it was only temporary. Ortiz had saved his life.

He came home, unlocking the door and stepping inside; a limp in his walk. Taking off his hat, he cautiously entered the apartment looking for his love.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 am

When she heard the key in the door she was sure she imagined it. She laid down her violin and made her way to the the hall. There stood Opie, walking with a cane, but walking. Overwhelmed, she began to cry. She rushes to him, throwing her arms around his neck, completely forgetting the baby bump shaped elephant in the room.

"Opie! Oh thank god"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Messenger AU Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Messenger AU   The Messenger AU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Messenger AU
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Daughters of Anarchy :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: