Daughters of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daughters of Anarchy

A Sons of anarchy role play group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DitaCDeSantis

Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Empty
PostSubject: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 4:11 am

December 3, 1944

Seventeen year old Dee Dee Tregar looked down at the blank tablet in front of her; her pen tapping lightly against the desk in her NYU dormroom. She had been struggling with her writing lately and it had begun to take a toll on her. She hated the pressure of writing: of peers breathing down her neck waiting for whatever muse it was to come. Her writing was popular around the campus and she even had a few things published in the graduate volumes and The New Yorker; it made her a target of adoration and envy.

Dee Dee was always one step ahead of everyone: she managed to graduate high school early and got accepted in the creative writing program at NYU. The task was far from easy and even today she felt swallowed up. She was thankful for her closest friend, Corrine, for making her experiences in college better.

Corrie's husband, Opie, had just been sent home on honorable discharge and told Corrie and Dee Dee both about the man who saved his life. He then went on to tell them how he had no one back home to write to and often wrote to Opie. She felt bad for that man; a man she never met. It was Corrie's idea for Dee Dee to start a friendship with the young man stationed in Italy.

She blew out a sigh before letting her pen touch the paper.

December 3, 1944

Dear Cpl. Ortiz,

You don't know me and I don't really know you. My name is Dita Tregar, but most of my friends and family call me Dee Dee. I'm friends with Opie Winston's wife, Corrine. I'm studying creative writing at NYU; I'm one of the youngest in my class (17 - Turning 18 in a few weeks). Right now, I'm going through a dry spell in my writing and Corrie mentioned how you know Opie; thinking maybe by writing to you it could give me some inspiration...I'm not sure about that, but I figured I would try.

My father, Alexander, owns a factory in New York that produces some of the motorcycles that are sent overseas. There is also my mother, Gemma, and my two older sisters, Jaqueline and Marjorie. Both my sisters got married young and never went on to study. Sometimes I think my mother wishes I did the same with my life. It's weird; you'd think that she'd be proud of me for trying to make something out of myself; not to rely on anyone. My daddy is supportive though, so I guess that is all that matters.

So, enough about me. If I'm not imposing, could you tell me about yourself? Please don't be upset with Opie, but he shared some of your letters with me. You seem so interesting and I've actually look forward to your letters to him.

I hope you are safe and well despite the things going on around you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe.

Sincerely,

Dee Dee

She read over the letter once more before running down to the Woolworth's to mail it out. She felt crazy for talking to a complete stranger.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 4:26 am

Juan Carlos Ortiz, who's friends often called him Jace (pronounced Jay-cee), was sitting in bombed-out cafe, catching up on his letters. The mail while he was overseas was often late. He received a letter from Opie and promptly wrote on in return. Then he opened the unexpected second letter. After reading through it he smiled and began to respond.

January 1, 1945

Dear Dee Dee,

I could never be mad at the Captain, so don't you worry about that. I was thrilled to see a new letter arrive for me. Most of my friend call me Jace. I come from New York and I had two brothers and a sister. Both my brothers were killed in the war. My sister is a nurse at Walter Reed. My father was pretty much absent from our lives and my Mother, a wonderful woman, died just before I signed up.
Life here is hard, but you get used to it. When I get home I'm not sure how I'll feel. I'm so used to eating rations and sleeping on the ground I fear I may not be able to sleep in a bed anymore. Walking around rain-soaked is so common that I sometimes forget what dry clothes feel like. And silence, well, I distrust it entirely.
I would love for you to continue writing me. I cannot promise my letters will be long or eloquent, but I can promise you I will look forward to your letters with excitement.

Thank you for your kindness,
Jace
Back to top Go down
https://daughtersofanarchy.forumotion.com
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 5:15 am

Dee Dee received his mail a few weeks later and read it eagerly as she drank her malt at the fountain shop. She was surprised that she actually loved his handwriting; so unique in its flow.

Once she finished reading, she began writing her letter.

Januay 23, 1944

Dear Jace,

It was a pleasant surprise receiving your letter today. :-)

Things are okay here in New York. I've been busy with classes and I picked up a job as a sales girl at Tiffany and Co. Daddy is not thrilled by this venture; he says he doesn't want his daughter working with a bunch of rich snobs. He wasn't too thrilled when I pointed out that mother was one of Tiffany's top clients...

I like the work though; it keeps me sane and I've already gotten some great story ideas. We have some colorful people in New York.

I'm so sorry about your brothers and your mother. I can't imagine losing anyone that close to me; even if I don't get along with Dawn and Fawn (my sisters).

As always, I'll keep you in my prayers. My lunch is almost over; back to work.

Sincerely,

Dee Dee
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 5:26 am

Jace read his mail, huddled low in a fox hole. He'd lost three men that week and was searching for Corrie's brother.

Dear Dee Dee,

Tiffany's sounds like a great place for you. tihs week has been rough. I've lost three men. As a medic, it is the hardest thing to lose a man in the field. They say we may get to come home soon.
Opie and Cor have asked me to search for her brother. So far all I have to go on is rumor and second hand stories. I hope I find him alive. Don't be sad for me. My brothers died doing what they loved and my Mother, well, I'm just glad it was quick and she didn't suffer.

I must cut this letter short as we are pulling up stakes and moving.

Jace
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:01 am

The letters kept going back and forth; growing more deep and caring as time went on. Dee Dee even shared some of her writing with him. It was his last letter that she decided to send him a photo. He had made a comment that he wished he knew what she looked like. She decided to send him the photo that Corrine had taken of her one day.

March 12, 1944

Dear Jace,

Well, you said you often wondered what I looked like. Corrine took this photo of me a few days ago in the photography studio on campus. I'm not terribly photogenic and my nose is a little...big. Hate it.

It was the first photo I've had professionally done and I was so nervous. I'm a little bare skinned in it and I was not looking forward to doing it, but it was an assignment for Corrie's class and I did get to cover up so it was just my back showing...goodness, why am I sharing this with you?

It's beautiful today; the sun is out and there isn't a thread of a cloud in the sky. It's days like this that I wish you were here with me...just talking and enjoying the spring day. Is that absurd?

Heading off to class then work. Be careful out there, soldier.

Your friend,

Dee Dee
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 am

In his quest for Corrie's brother he found out he had been captured and sent to a concentration camp called Auschwitz, in germany. He has joined a company set to liberate the camp in hopes of finding him alive.

Dear Dee Dee,

Thank you for the picture, it is a bright spot in my bleak existence. I find myself on a train filled with other soldiers on our way to liberate Auschwitz; I have intelligence that Bram is there. I only hope he has held on this long. The camps we have passed along the way are full of emaciated corpses. Children, women, men, it chills me.

The only thing keeping me going is you.

Jace.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Dee Dee felt sick as she thought of all the horrors her new friend witnessed everyday. The thought saddened and terrified her.

April 4, 1944

Dear Jace,

Since your last letter, my prayers have been longer and more frequent. All I can think about is Bram and, of course, you. Our bond these since we first started writing has pulled me through my darkest days. I hope that I can give that sort of peace to you.

Please stay safe and remember during your weakest state that I carry you in my heart, always.

Yours,

Dee Dee
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Jace sighed as he walked with the others through the camp. Bram was there, but he was barely hanging on when they found him. He fed him, got him a uniform and sent him home. The commanding officer had told him he earned his ticket home, but he wanted to see this through; they were nearly done.

Dearest Dee Dee,

Just yesterday I sent Bram home. In all my life I have never felt such hope as I did seeing him board that train. I hope Corrine and Opie know my thoughts are with them as Bram has a long, hard road ahead of him.

You do pull me through. I am convinced you are the reason I have made it through this alive. I long for the day that I can see you in person, touch your hair, your lips, see your eyes.

Yours,
Jace
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:39 am

Dee Dee read over his letter once more in the automat. She felt so weak and consumed with this man she had never met or seen. She just turned down another date offer from a man up in custom designs; all because she felt like she would be betraying Jace.

She pressed the tip of her pen to the discontinued Tiffany card stock.

Dearest Jace,

You have been haunting my thoughts so much lately; consuming me everyday. I've never felt so vulnerable and open with anyone before. I long for the day you are home; hearing your voice, laughs, and sighs. I often fantasize about you coming here to my work, coming up to my counter and acting like you are buying something, then at last telling me it's you. Hopeless, I know.

As always, I'm thinking of no one but you.

Love,
Dee Dee
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am

Finally, the day Jace was sent home came. It was almost like shell shock. Walking down the streets of New York in his uniform he stared at the smiling people. He wondered why the were so happy after all the terrible things that had happened in the world. Finally, he made his way to Tiffany's.

He walked up to her counter and laid the last letter she;d written him on the counter.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Dee Dee had just finished with the last customer she had before her shift was up when she saw the handsome soldier approach her counter. She smiled warmly, her green eyes vibrant despite her worried thoughts regarding Jace. She hadn't heard from him in a while and feared the worse. Like an old widow, she dressed in black most days; contrasting with her pale skin and soft honey blonde hair. She smiled softly at the man, not seeing the letter. "May I help you with something?"
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 pm

He smiled and handed her the letter. The way her eyes lit up made him smiled warming his deep brown eyes. Though he wanted to touch her hair, he didn't want to be forward as she clearly didn't realize who he was.

"I was hoping to say hello to the girl who wrote me this letter."
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Dee Dee looked at the letter, written on the old Tiffany's card stock; he must have read it millions of times judging by the yellowed edges and the many creases. Tears welled up in her eyes, "Jace..."

She dropped the letter and ran to the nearest exit and right to him. She threw formalities out the window as she jumped into his arms, crying, "I thought you were dead."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Holding her close he whispered, "They don't let us write during debriefing and they only notify family we're coming home."

He smelled her hair; it smelled like the paper when he pulled it from the envelope. Her soft blonde hair brushed his cheek and he smiled. It had been so long since he smiled.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:34 am

Dee Dee held him tight, taking in his cologne and clean smell; falling harder for him than she could imagine. "You are handsomer than I imagined."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:22 am

The hair on his neck stood as his skin began to tingle. He'd imagined this day so many times he had begun to think he had died and it was hell. Letting his hands find her hair he luxuriated in the feel of it's silk.

"I was worried I'd dreamt you."
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 am

Dee Dee looked at the clock nearby, "My shift is over. Can we do something?"
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:58 am

Nodding he offered her his arm, "Anything you want. So long as I'm with you I'm up for anything."
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Dee Dee ended up leading him to the automat by her apartment; ordering her usual tomato mac and cheese and salad. She watched his simple movements in awe: stirring his coffee, fidgeting with his cuff links, etc. She was still amazed that he was finally there.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 pm

From being in the field so long his manners were hard to access. He had to think about every movement he made. Coffee was something ha had almost forgotten. He ordered a tuna melt. When he took the first bit he thought he might die.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Dee Dee was content with the silence as they are; just happy to be near him. She finished up her meal before adverting her gaze out the window at the warm summer dusk. She folded her hands on the table as she rehashed the last few months in her head.
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Timidly, he reached over and placed his hand on hers.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 am

Dee Dee blushed, closing her eyes as he held her hands, "Oh...that feels so nice...I can't believe you are here, Jace."
Back to top Go down
CorrieDesantis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 am

"I can't either, " be stared ahead, "Do you want to come back home with me?"

His mother had left him her house, but he didn't think he could face being alone.
Back to top Go down
DitaCDeSantis

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 am

Dee Dee knew it was morally wrong, but she didn't care. "Yes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos   Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds apart: Dee Dee and Carlos
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next